Get Adobe Flash player
  Solar & Renewable Energy Specialists.  
Specializing in Grid Connect, Solar Hybrid, Standalone Systems and Emerging Technologies.

Sunshine Coast Daily 20 10 2012

Family memories lost as fire destroys home

Posted on March 25, 2014 by People who know Solar Safety

“What was once a beautiful family home was reduced to ash this week – and it’s possible it could have been prevented.”

Had a Remote Solar Isolator (Safety Switch for Solar) been installed this fire could have been prevented.

A fire broke out yesterday in the garage of a Pelican Waters home, which was fitted with two solar panels, forcing crews to burst through a window to fight the roof fire from inside the garage.

Homeowner Malcolm Harris said he was grateful the fire had not spread to the rest of the home, thanks to the quick thinking of the fire crews.

The garage roof collapsed during the blaze. No one was home at the time. The fire broke out yesterday in the garage of a Pelican Waters home, which was fitted with two solar panels, forcing crews to burst through a window to fight the roof fire from inside the garage. Homeowner Malcolm Harris said he was grateful the fire had not spread to the rest of the home, thanks to the quick thinking of the fire crews.
The garage roof collapsed during the blaze. No one was home at the time.